Interstream Barging BV and its subsidiaries (hereinafter: Interstream Barging) want to comply with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). In addition, we also believe it is important to provide you, the applicant with information about:
- your personal data which we process;
- the manner in which we do so;
- the provision of data to others inside or outside Europe;
- how long we keep your data;
- how we secure these data.
In addition, we would like to inform you about your rights via this privacy statement. In conclusion, we would like to let you know who you can approach with questions, requests or complaints. We ask you to read this information carefully.
Personal data is any information about an identified or identifiable natural person. For you, this means any information directly about you or information that can be traced back to you. For example, your name, date of birth and address, but your education, for example, is also personal data.
Processing personal data means all actions we may perform on your personal data, from collection up to and including destruction. This is therefore a very broad concept.
Actions that are in any event included are: the collecting, recording, organising, storing, updating, modifying, retrieving, consulting, using, forwarding, distributing, making available, bringing together, connecting with each other, shielding, erasing and destroying data.
Grounds on which we may process your data in accordance with the law
We process your data for one or more of the following reasons. These are mentioned in the law:
- the data necessary to enable us to decide whether we wish to enter into an employment agreement with you;
- the data required for the conclusion and/or implementation of the employment contract;
- we have your clear and unambiguous permission for specific actions.
Obligation to provide data
You are obliged to provide us with the requested information if it is necessary for us to process this data, for example, to conclude or implement an employment agreement, and/or to comply with a legal obligation. Consider also, information that is required to register you for a pension scheme, collective insurance or lease scheme. In such cases, you may not refuse to provide the data. If you do, it may mean we will not be able to hire you or that you will not be able to use certain facilities.
Your personal data we process
We only process the following of your data:
- your name, first names, initials, any title, gender, date of birth, address, zip code, place of residence, telephone number and other information that we need in order to communicate with you, such as your e-mail address;
- if you are a minor, your parents’, guardians’ or carers’ data, as referred to under the first bullet point;
- information on training, courses and internships followed and to be followed;
- information regarding the position you are applying for;
- information regarding the nature and content of your current job, and details about the termination of that current job;
- information about the nature and content of your previous jobs and about the termination of those jobs;
- other data with a view to fulfilling the job, which have been provided by you or which are known to you;
- other data necessary for the implementation or application of a law.
Processing the above data only takes place to assess your suitability for a job that is or may become available.
Retention of your personal data
Our basic principle when storing personal data is that we do not store data longer than necessary for the purpose for which we have processed it. Insofar as these exist, we will observe the statutory retention period of four weeks after the completion of the selection procedure or we will agree with you in writing to a different period. The latter applies, for example, when you enter into service with Interstream Barging after the selection procedure has ended. In that case, the “Privacy statement employees”, which mentions a different retention period, comes into effect.
The privacy statement on the homepage of our website explains your rights under the GDPR regarding inspection, modification or removal of your data.
If you have any questions, requests or complaints about the processing of your personal data, you may send an e-mail to: GDPR@interstreambarging.com or Interstream Barging, attn. HR department, P.O. Box 58, 4930 AB Geertruienberg.
Date and update of the privacy statement
We reserve the right to amend this privacy statement. The latest version is always available on our website.
If it concerns an important change, we will inform you of this. This privacy statement dates from 25 May 2018, version 1.0.